The Embassy's area of jurisdiction, apart from India, includes Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
The Embassy of Iceland in New Delhi was formally opened on 26 February 2006.
H.E. Mr. Guðmundur Árni Stefánsson is the Ambassador designate of Iceland to India.
|Guðmundur Árni Stefánsson||Ambassadoremail@example.com|
|Kristín Eva Sigurðardóttir||Deputy Head of Missionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rahul Chongtham||Trade Advisor||Rahul.Chongtham@utn.stjr.is|
H.E. Mr. Guðmundur Árni Stefánsson
- Ambassador at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs in Iceland from January 2015.
- Ambassador of Iceland to the United States, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico from 1 October 2011. Ambassador of Iceland to Sweden, Albania, Cyprus, Syria and Kuweit from 1 November 2005.
- Appointed Ambassador in the Icelandic Foreign Service on 1 September 2005.
- Student of political science at the University of Iceland 1978–1980.
- Mayor of the Town of Hafnarfjördur 1986–1993.
- Media adviser 1985–1986.
- Producer of radio programs at the Icelandic State Broadcasting Service 1975–1986.
- Editor of the daily newspaper Althýdubladid 1982–1985, Deputy-Editor 1981–1982 and journalist 1975–1976.
- Editor of the newsletter of the Society for the Assistance of Former Prisoners 1980-1986.
- Journalist at the weekly newspaper Helgarpósturinn 1979–1981.
- Police officer in Reykjavík 1976–1979.
- Member of the Hafnarfjördur Town Council 1982–1994.
Political, social and civic activities:
- Vice-Chairman of the Social Democratic Party 1994–1996 and 1999.
- Member of the Central Committee of the Social Democratic Party 1976-1999.
- Member of the Youth Council of the Town of Hafnarfjördur 1978–1982.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Nordic Youth Association of Social Democrats 1980–1986.
- Chairman of the board of the Icelandic Fire Authority 1990–1993.
- Member of the board of Hafnarfjördur Savings Bank 1982–1986.
- Member of the board of Vernd, Society for the Assistance of Former Prisoners 1980–1990.
- Member of the board of Landsvirkjun, The National Power Company 1991–1993.
- Chairman of FH-Hafnarfjördur football club 1999 – 2006.
Parliamentary and ministerial activities:
- Member of Althingi for the Reykjanes Constituency 1993–2003 and the Southwest Constituency 2003-2005.
- Substitute member of Althingi for the Reykjanes Constituency 1991–1993.
- Minister of Social Affairs 1994.
- Minister of Health and Social Security 1993–1994.
- Member of the Althingi's Presidium since 1995.
- Member of the Committee on Agriculture 1999–2001.
- Member of the Committee on Transport and Communications 1995–1999.
- Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs 1994–1995 and 2003.
- Member of the Committee on Industry 1995–1996.
- Vice-Chairman of the Committee on General Affairs 1994–1995.
- Member of the Committee on Economy and Trade 1994–1995.
- Member of the Althingi Special Committee on Constitutional Affairs 1994–1995, 1999–2003 and 2004.
- Vice-Chairman of the Icelandic Delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly 1999-2004.Chairman 2005.
- Member of the Icelandic Delegation to the Nordic Council 1995–1999.
- 4th Vice-president of the Althingi from 1995-1999.
- 1st Vice-president of the Althingi from1999-2005
Married: Jóna Dóra Karlsdóttir – 6 children
The tip will be used to improve the quality of services and information on the website of the Cabinet. Feel free to contact if you need assistance.