The Permanent Mission of Iceland to the UN and the Consul General of Iceland in New York are seeking a receptionist/administrative assistant.
We are looking for an organized, hardworking, flexible and service-orientated individual who is willing to become a valued member of a small but effective team.
Primary responsibilities include
· Acting as contact person for communications, logistical and
administrative matters - providing reception services to walk-in
visitors and via telephone/email enquiries and respond to queries
and/or refer to the appropriate contact.
· Maintain records such as telephone directories, diplomatic/consular
lists, and emergency contact numbers.
· Answer requests from visa applicants and other tourist related
· Point person for mail and shipments.
· Manage the pantry and meeting rooms.
· Help with events and activities and other administrative tasks as
Full-time position, Mondays through Fridays, ability to work outside normal working hours if needed.
· High school diploma or relevant work experience.
· Some college education a plus.
· Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
· Good computer skills, MS Office, Internet and Social Media.
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
· Excellent organization and communication skills.
· Valid US work permit.