Open position at the Permanent Mission of Iceland and Consulate General in New York
The Permanent Mission of Iceland to the UN and the Consul General of Iceland in New York are seeking a receptionist/administrative assistant.
We are looking for an organized, hardworking, flexible and service-orientated individual who is willing to become a valued member of a small but effective team.
Primary responsibilities include
· Acting as contact person for communications, logistical and
administrative matters - providing reception services to walk-in
visitors and via telephone/email enquiries and respond to queries
and/or refer to the appropriate contact.
· Maintain records such as telephone directories, diplomatic/consular
lists, and emergency contact numbers.
· Answer requests from visa applicants and other tourist related
· Point person for mail and shipments.
· Manage the pantry and meeting rooms.
· Help with events and activities and other administrative tasks as
Full-time position, Mondays through Fridays, ability to work outside normal working hours if needed.
· High school diploma or relevant work experience.
· Some college education a plus.
· Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
· Good computer skills, MS Office, Internet and Social Media.
· Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
· Excellent organization and communication skills.
· Valid US work permit.
Please send applications by email to [email protected] before end of business day on August 1st. For further information contact Hlynur Gudjonsson at unmiss[email protected]