International Equal Pay Day Online Event: Equal Pay, What Do We Gain?
The Government of Iceland and the OECD invite you to an online event on 17 September 2021 marking the second International Equal Pay Day. The event "Equal Pay, What Do We Gain?" will highlight experiences and perspectives of public and private sector representatives. Speakers will reflect on recent solutions and policy tools to further efforts to achieve equal pay for work of equal value.
The International Equal Pay Day was designated as a day of observance in 2019 by the United Nations General Assembly.
2021 International Equal Pay Day Online Event:
Equal Pay, What Do We Gain?
17 September 2021 - From 11:00 to 12:30 (CET)
- Unnur Orradóttir-Ramette, Ambassador of Iceland in Paris
- Ulrik Knudsen, Deputy Secretary-General of the OECD
What does the evidence say?
- Monika Queisser, Head of Social Policy Division at the OECD
Closing the gender pay gap with data informed decisions
- Margrét V. Bjarnadóttir, Professor of Management Science & Statistics at the University of Maryland and Founder of PayAnalytics
The legislation and equal pay index in France: obligation of results and progress
- Muriel Pénicaud, Ambassador of France to the OECD & former Minister of Labour
Private sector perspective
- Christine Theodorovics, Chief Strategic Development Officer Europe, AXA
Combating the biases that lead to gender pay gaps
- Gabriela Ramos, Assistant Director-General for the Social and Human Sciences of UNESCO
- Ragnheiður Elín Árnadóttir, Director of the OECD Development Centre
Questions & Answers
Hosted by the OECD and Iceland
Register in advance for this meeting.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.