The Embassy of Iceland is looking to recruit a key consultant from January to end of May 2022 to conduct a feasibility study to assist the Embassy and stakeholders in the preparation of a new programme at a district level in Malawi. The consultancy is for an estimated 80 working days; from end of January to end of May 2022.
Interested candidates should send an expression of interest by 18 January 2022 to [email protected].
Interested parties should keep in mind some of the required expertise and qualifications needed for the work:
- Advanced university degree (Master´s degree) in a relevant discipline(s) (Social sciences, development studies, governance studies, political science, project management and or relevant social services sectors).
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience within Malawi´s development policy context.
- Extensive expertise, experience and knowledge in the area of decentralization efforts of the Government of Malawi and and the relevant policy landscape in Malawi.
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders, especially government counterparts.
- Extensive experience of programme formulation, monitoring and evaluation in social services sectors.
- Experience in youth, gender mainstreaming and climate and environment.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Track record of professional integrity.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and meet deadlines.