On 1 December 2018, the Government of Iceland will host a cultural programme celebrating the centenary of Iceland as a sovereign country. The program will explore the past while focusing on the future.
The Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs today published a report on the progress of plans to remove restrictions on cross-border capital movements and foreign currency trading. The minister shall make a report on the progress public at six-month...
- 31 Oct 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsLeaders of Iceland and the UK reach an agreement on residence rights after Brexit
- 30 Oct 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsIceland hosts annual NATO conference
- 24 Oct 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsNATO Exercise Trident Juncture 2018 in Iceland
- 23 Oct 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsGovernment’s participation in the sixth Arctic Circle Assembly in Reykjavík
Platform of the Coalition Government
In the new government, parties spanning the political spectrum from left to right intend to establish a new tone, concentrate their energies to key projects that will bring Iceland into the front rank and take steps that will make Iceland a good place to live for young and old alike.
Topics of interest
- 05 Jun 2018Report: 11 Proposals from the task force on monetary policy
- 18 Jan 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsThe Icelandic state's ownership strategy for financial services
- 10 Jan 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsPre-Accession Economic Programme 2012
- Act on Vatnajökull National Park No 60/2007
- Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsPublic Finance Act
- Ministry of WelfareAct on electronic cigarettes and refill containers for electronic cigarettes, No. 87/2018