Ministry for the Environment and Natural Resources
- Dec 07, 2018Fitch affirms Iceland at A with a stable outlook
- Dec 07, 2018S&P Global affirms Iceland at A/A1 with a stable outlook
- Dec 07, 2018Amending bill of legislation on liberalisation of capital controls on offshore króna holders and implementation of special reserve requirement on capital inflows
- Nov 27, 2018Iceland PM convenes a first of many high-level roundtable in historic Höfði House, Reykjavík, calling for peaceful solutions to armed conflict and the protection of universal human rights
What we do
The Icelandic Ministry for the Environment and Natural Resources formulates and enforces the Icelandic government policy for environmental affairs. The ministry supervises affairs pertaining to nature in Iceland, conservation and outdoor recreation, the national parks of Iceland, climate change, the protection of animals, wild-life management, pollution prevention, planning and building matters, fire prevention, weather forecasting and avalanche-protection, surveying and cartography, forestry and soil conservation, environmental monitoring and surveillance.
About the ministry
Topics of the Ministry for the Environment and Natural Resources
Minister for the Environment and Natural Resources
Guðmundur Ingi Guðbrandsson
Guðmundur Ingi Guðbrandsson took office as Minister for the Environment and Natural Resources on November 30 2017 for the Left-Green Party.Guðmundur Ingi was born on March 28 1977. He holds a BSc degree in Biology from the Universitry of Iceland and a masters degree in Environmental Management from Yale University.
Topics of Interest
- Mar 11, 2008 Ministry for the Environment and Natural ResourcesAct 85/2005 on the Conservation of Lake Thingvallavatn and its Catchment Area
- Jan 03, 2018 Ministry for the Environment and Natural ResourcesAct no 81/1997 on the Stefansson Arctic Institute and the Icelandic Joint Committee on Arctic Affairs
- Nov 19, 2018 Ministry for the Environment and Natural ResourcesAct On Infrastructure for Digital Spatial Data No 44/2011