Minister for the Environment and Natural Resources
Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson
Minister for the Environment, Energy and Climate
Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson took office as Minister for the Environment, Energy and Climate on November 28 2021.
- Member of Althingi for the Reykjavík North Constituency 2003-2009, for the Reykjavík South Constituency 2009-2016 and for the Reykjavík North Constituency since 2016.
- Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2016-2017.
- Deputy Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2013-2016 and 2005-2007.
- 1st Deputy Chairman of the Budget Committee 2013-2016
- Member of the Icelandic Delegation to the EFTA and EEA Parliamentary Committees 2013-2016 (Chairman 2013-2016) and 2003-2007 (Chairman 2005-2007).
- Member of the EU-Iceland joint Parliamentary Committee 2013-2016 (Chairman 2013-2016)
- Member of the Foreign Affairs Committee 2013-2014.
- Member of the Economic Affairs and Trade Committee 2011-2013.
- Member of the Health Committee 2009-2011.
- Member of the Trade Committee 2009-2011.
- Member of the Environment Committee 2003-2007 (Chairman 2004-2007).
- Member of the Fisheries Committee 2003-2007.
- Member of the Social Affairs Committee on 2003-2006 (Deputy Chairman 2003-2006).
- Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Development Cooperation 2019-2021.
- Minister for Foreign Affairs and External Trade 2017–2019.
- Minister of Health and Social Security 2007-2009.
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. University of Iceland 1996
- Born 19 December 1967. Married with four children.
About the Ministry of Welfare
The tip will be used to improve the quality of services and information on the website of the Cabinet. Feel free to contact if you need assistance.