Ministry of Infrastructure
Opening hours are 08:30 to 16:00 daily, Monday to Friday.
The Ministry of Infrastructure is responsible for all land, air and maritime transport matters, including legislation in the field, planning, development and operation of infrastructure systems, transport safety and protection. It is responsible for housing and planning, as well as local government administration, regional policy, postal services, registration of citizens and property and real estate valuation.
The Minister heads its operations and is responsible for all the Ministry's administrative decisions. The Permanent Secretary, acting under the Minister's authority, directs the functioning of the Ministry.
- The Minister of Infrastructure is Sigurður Ingi Jóhannsson.
His political advisers are Ingveldur Sæmundsdóttir, [email protected], and Sigtryggur Magnason, [email protected].
- The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry is Ragnhildur Hjaltadóttir.
The Ministry's functions are divided between four departments:
- Department of Housing and Planning
- Department of Local Government and Regional Affairs
- Department of Policy and Budgeting
- Department of Transport and Infrastructure
About the Ministry of Infrastructure
The tip will be used to improve the quality of services and information on the website of the Cabinet. Feel free to contact if you need assistance.