The Ministry of Transport and Local Government is responsible for all land, air and maritime transport matters, including legislation in the field, planning, development and operation of infrastructure systems, transport safety and protection. It is responsible for telecommunications, digital communication, Internet security and postal services, as well as local government administration, regional policy, registration of citizens and property and real estate valuation.
The Minister heads its operations and is responsible for all the Ministry's administrative decisions. The Permanent Secretary, acting under the Minister's authority, directs the functioning of the Ministry.
- The Minister of Transport and Local Government is Sigurður Ingi Jóhannsson.
His political advisers are Ingveldur Sæmundsdóttir, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Sigtryggur Magnason, email@example.com.
- The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry is Ragnhildur Hjaltadóttir.
The Ministry's functions are divided between four departments:
- Department of Digital Communication
- Department of Local Government and Regional Affairs
- Department of Policy and Budgeting
- Department of Transport and Infrastructure
About the Ministry of Transport and Local Government
The tip will be used to improve the quality of services and information on the website of the Cabinet. Feel free to contact if you need assistance.