The Science and Technology Policy Council sets the official science and technology policy for a three-year period. The Council's deliberations in each of the two fields are prepared by its working committees, the Science Board and the Technology Board.
The Minister of Industry and Commerce appoints members of the Science and Technology Policy Council to the Technology Board, on the Council's nominations, including the Board's chair and vice chair. The Minister of Education, Science and Culture appoints the Science Board in the same way.
The two boards shall consult with each other on matters that are of importance for the policy work of the Science and Technology Policy Council.
Composition of the Technology Board:
- Ragnheiður H. Magnúsdóttir, chair - alternate Elvar Knútur Valsson
- Erik Figueras Torras, vice chair - alternate Áslaug Hulda Jónsdóttir
- Svana Helen Björnsdóttir - alternate Þorkell Sigurlaugsson
- Eyrún Valsdóttir - alternate Finnbjörn A. Hermannsson
- Guðni Axelsson - alternate Ingvar Kristinsson
- Gunnar Haraldsson- alternate Kristján Leósson
- Róbert Farestveit - alternate Kristján Þórður Snæbjarnarson
- Sveinn Margeirsson - alternate Helga Sigurrós Valgeirsdóttir
- Ragnhildur Helgadóttir - alternate Stefán Baldursson
- Steinunn Gestsdóttir - alternate Þórarinn Guðjónsson
Secretary for the Technology Board:
Berglind Hallgrímsdóttir, Managing Director
Árleynir 2-8, 112 Reykjavík
Telephone: +(354) 522-9000