News and Press Releases
The Foreign Ministers of the three Baltic States and Iceland attended a signing ceremony yesterday in Reykjavík, to mark the 25th anniversary of the reestablishment of diplomatic relations and Iceland's recognition of independence of the Baltic State
Iceland's Parliament has unanimously adopted the Foreign Minister's proposal to ratify the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
During a high-level UN event in New York, marking the entry into force of the United Nations Paris Agreement, Iceland's Minister for Foreign Affairs, Lilja Alfreðsdóttir, announced today that Iceland has formally ratified the Agreement.
- The Arctic Council: A Forum for Peace and Cooperation
- Resolution for ratification of the Paris Agreement put forward to Parliament
- Parliament passes bill on National Security Council
- Joint Declaration between Iceland and the United States on security and defense affairs
- New legislation on home sharing to take effect in Iceland
- Over 70 Foreign Ambassadors participated in the National Day celebrations
- The next steps in capital account liberalisation
- Hrannar Pétursson Political Advisor to the Minister