News and Press Releases
A Barbershop Conference focused on mobilizing men and boys for gender equality will be held at the Nordic House in Reykjavík on 23 May 2017.
The President of Iceland, Gudni Th. Johannesson, and Guðlaugur Thor Thordarson, Minister for Foreign Affairs, today had a meeting with Russia's President, Vladimir Putin, in Archangelsk, where they have been taking part in the International Arctic Forum.
The Government of Iceland today announces that capital controls on the country's individuals, firms, and pension funds have been lifted with effect on Tuesday. The removal of the capital controls, which stabilised the currency and economy during the country's unprecedented financial crash, represents the completion of Iceland's return to international financial markets.
- NATO members stand strong and united
- New Icelandic Government - government of Mr. Bjarni Benediktsson takes office
- "Iceland" issue a matter of principle
- Legal action over the use of the word ‘Iceland'
- Iceland welcomes announcement by EFTA Surveillance Authority
- Iceland's women walkout to demand equal pay
- Iceland and Baltic States mark 25th anniversary of reestablishment of diplomatic relations
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities ratified by Iceland