News and Press Releases
At a meeting with Iceland Foods, the company stated that it was unwilling to relinquish control of the wordmark “Iceland” and presented proposals that fell short of Iceland's expectations. Legal action to invalidate the exclusive trademark of ‘Iceland' held by Iceland Foods at the EUIPO that started in November will proceed.
The Government of Iceland, on behalf of Iceland's businesses and people, today announces that it has taken legal action against the UK supermarket chain Iceland Foods with the goal of ensuring the right of Icelandic companies to use the word ‘ICELAND' in relation to their goods and services.
Iceland today welcomes the announcement from the EFTA Surveillance Authority (ESA) that Icelandic laws on the treatment of offshore krona assets are compliant with the EEA agreement.
- Iceland's women walkout to demand equal pay
- Iceland and Baltic States mark 25th anniversary of reestablishment of diplomatic relations
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities ratified by Iceland
- Iceland ratifies the Paris Agreement
- The Arctic Council: A Forum for Peace and Cooperation
- Resolution for ratification of the Paris Agreement put forward to Parliament
- Parliament passes bill on National Security Council
- Joint Declaration between Iceland and the United States on security and defense affairs