News and Press Releases
Earlier today NATO defence ministers concluded their meeting in Brussels where discussions focused on transatlantic relations, security challenges and increased defence preparedness in the Alliance's eastern and southern areas.
A Government of the Independence Party, the Reform Party and Bright Future has been formed and took office today. Eleven ministers will take seat in the Government, six from the Independence Party, three from the Reform Party and two from Bright Future.
At a meeting with Iceland Foods, the company stated that it was unwilling to relinquish control of the wordmark “Iceland” and presented proposals that fell short of Iceland's expectations. Legal action to invalidate the exclusive trademark of ‘Iceland' held by Iceland Foods at the EUIPO that started in November will proceed.
- Legal action over the use of the word ‘Iceland'
- Iceland welcomes announcement by EFTA Surveillance Authority
- Iceland's women walkout to demand equal pay
- Iceland and Baltic States mark 25th anniversary of reestablishment of diplomatic relations
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities ratified by Iceland
- Iceland ratifies the Paris Agreement
- The Arctic Council: A Forum for Peace and Cooperation
- Resolution for ratification of the Paris Agreement put forward to Parliament