The authorities intend to establish a sovereign wealth fund, the National Fund of Iceland. The purpose of the Fund will primarily be to serve as a sort of disaster relief reserve for the nation, when the Treasury suffers a financial blow in...
A new Act on e-cigarettes and refillcontainers will take effect on 1 March 2019. The Act is based on the Bill presented by the Minister of Health on the import, marketing, use and safety of these products, and measures to prevent the use of...
- 11 Sep 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsIceland‘s first session as a member of the Human Rights Council
- 11 Sep 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsNational Budget proposal 2019
- 10 Sep 2018 The Ministry of Industries and Innovation, Ministry of Education Science and Culture, Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs, Ministry of Industries and Innovation, Ministry of Transport and Local Government, Ministry for the Environment and Natural ResourcesIceland launches new Climate Strategy, boosting efforts to reach Paris goals
- 31 Aug 2018 Ministry of WelfareLegislation Adopted on Presumed Consent for Organ Donation
Platform of the Coalition Government
In the new government, parties spanning the political spectrum from left to right intend to establish a new tone, concentrate their energies to key projects that will bring Iceland into the front rank and take steps that will make Iceland a good place to live for young and old alike.
Topics of interest
- 05 Jun 2018Report: 11 Proposals from the task force on monetary policy
- 18 Jan 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsThe Icelandic state's ownership strategy for financial services
- 10 Jan 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsPre-Accession Economic Programme 2012
- Ministry of WelfareAct on electronic cigarettes and refill containers for electronic cigarettes, No. 87/2018
- Ministry of Industries and InnovationAct no. 65/2003 Act on Electricity
- Ministry of Industries and InnovationReglulation No. 539/2000, on respecting veterinarians authorisations to prescribe drugs