The results of the Government accounts for 2017 have now been published and the accounts sent to Parliament. The accounts show a surplus of ISK 39bn, showing Iceland’s strong fiscal position. Revenues totalled ISK 783bn and operating expenditures ISK...
The Ministerial Committee on Economic Affairs and Restructuring of the Financial System has decided to commence a review of the statutory framework for monetary policy, macroprudential policy, and financial market supervision.
- 03 Oct 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsMinister Thordarson visits United Nations, France and UK
- 25 Sep 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsIMF Article IV visit to Iceland 13 – 25 September 2018
- 21 Sep 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsIntent to establish a sovereign wealth fund in Iceland
- 20 Sep 2018 Ministry of WelfareNew Legislation on E-cigarettes Will Take Effect on 1 March 2019
Platform of the Coalition Government
In the new government, parties spanning the political spectrum from left to right intend to establish a new tone, concentrate their energies to key projects that will bring Iceland into the front rank and take steps that will make Iceland a good place to live for young and old alike.
Topics of interest
- 05 Jun 2018Report: 11 Proposals from the task force on monetary policy
- 18 Jan 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsThe Icelandic state's ownership strategy for financial services
- 10 Jan 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsPre-Accession Economic Programme 2012
- Ministry of WelfareAct on electronic cigarettes and refill containers for electronic cigarettes, No. 87/2018
- Ministry of Industries and InnovationAct no. 65/2003 Act on Electricity
- Ministry of Industries and InnovationReglulation No. 539/2000, on respecting veterinarians authorisations to prescribe drugs