Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson,Minister for Foreign Affairs of Iceland, met with Mike Pompeo, United States Secretary of State, in Washington DC yesterday. Security and defence, trade and Arctic issues featured high on the agenda.
For the tenth year in a row, Iceland is at the top of the World Economic Forum Global Gender Gap Index published this morning. Three Nordic neighbours follow Iceland on the Index – Norway in second place, Sweden comes third and Finland in the fourth...
- 17 Dec 2018EFTA and Indonesia sign CEPA agreement
- 13 Dec 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsNew National Action Plan on Women, Peace and Security
- 10 Dec 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsWhite Paper on a Future Vision for the Financial System
- 10 Dec 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsMinister for Foreign Affairs of Iceland‘s official visit to India
Platform of the Coalition Government
In the new government, parties spanning the political spectrum from left to right intend to establish a new tone, concentrate their energies to key projects that will bring Iceland into the front rank and take steps that will make Iceland a good place to live for young and old alike.
Topics of interest
- 21 Dec 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsMedium term debt management strategy 2019-2023
- 13 Dec 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsIceland’s third National Action Plan on Women, Peace and Security
- 14 Nov 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsIMF Executive Board completes Article IV Consultation on Iceland - Reports
- Ministry of JusticeForeign Nationals Act 2016 no. 80
- Ministry of JusticeLaw in Respect of Marriage No 31 1993
- Ministry for the Environment and Natural ResourcesRegulation No 608/2008 on Vatnajökull National Park