Fellow Icelanders. At the beginning of December 1918, Elka Björnsdóttir, a labourer in Reykjavik, wrote an entry in her journal, as she did at the end of each workday.
Today, rating agency Fitch Ratings affirmed Iceland’s Long-Term Foreign-Currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at A with a stable outlook.
- 05 Jun 2018Financial stability should be prioritised over price stability
- 17 May 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsAnnual report on foreign and international affairs
- 27 Apr 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsProgress of the Plan for Removal of Capital Controls
- 06 Apr 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsAbsentee voting for local elections on May 26, 2018 has begun
Platform of the Coalition Government
In the new government, parties spanning the political spectrum from left to right intend to establish a new tone, concentrate their energies to key projects that will bring Iceland into the front rank and take steps that will make Iceland a good place to live for young and old alike.
Topics of interest
- 18 Jan 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsThe Icelandic state's ownership strategy for financial services
- 10 Jan 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsPre-Accession Economic Programme 2012
- 30 Nov 2017 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsMedium Term Debt Management Strategy 2018-2022
- Ministry of Industries and InnovationAct no. 65/2003 Act on Electricity
- Ministry of Industries and InnovationReglulation No. 539/2000, on respecting veterinarians authorisations to prescribe drugs
- Ministry of Industries and InnovationRegulation No. 916/2012, on the marking of livestock