For the tenth year in a row, Iceland is at the top of the World Economic Forum Global Gender Gap Index published this morning. Three Nordic neighbours follow Iceland on the Index – Norway in second place, Sweden comes third and Finland in the fourth...
Ministers and other representatives from the EFTA States, including Iceland, and from Indonesia have signed a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA). The agreement will strengthen the economic ties and promote trade and investment...
- 13 Dec 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsNew National Action Plan on Women, Peace and Security
- 10 Dec 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsWhite Paper on a Future Vision for the Financial System
- 10 Dec 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsMinister for Foreign Affairs of Iceland‘s official visit to India
- 07 Dec 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsFitch affirms Iceland at A with a stable outlook
Platform of the Coalition Government
In the new government, parties spanning the political spectrum from left to right intend to establish a new tone, concentrate their energies to key projects that will bring Iceland into the front rank and take steps that will make Iceland a good place to live for young and old alike.
Topics of interest
- 13 Dec 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsIceland’s third National Action Plan on Women, Peace and Security
- 14 Nov 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsIMF Executive Board completes Article IV Consultation on Iceland - Reports
- 05 Jun 2018Report: 11 Proposals from the task force on monetary policy
- Ministry of JusticeForeign Nationals Act 2016 no. 80
- Ministry of JusticeLaw in Respect of Marriage No 31 1993
- Ministry for the Environment and Natural ResourcesRegulation No 608/2008 on Vatnajökull National Park