Moody’s Investors Service has today changed the Government of Iceland's sovereign rating outlook to positive from stable and affirmed Iceland’s A3 long-term issuer rating.
A DNA analysis of a whale caught in Iceland on 7 July has concluded that it was a hybrid of a fin whale and a blue whale, not a blue whale. The analysis was conducted by the Icelandic Marine and Freshwater Research Institute and Matis.
- 13 Jul 2018 Ministry for Foreign AffairsIceland elected to the Human Rights Council
- 18 Jun 2018Speech by the Prime Minister, Katrín Jakobsdóttir, Iceland's National Day, June 17th 2018
- 08 Jun 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsFitch affirms Iceland at A with a stable outlook
- 05 Jun 2018Financial stability should be prioritised over price stability
Platform of the Coalition Government
In the new government, parties spanning the political spectrum from left to right intend to establish a new tone, concentrate their energies to key projects that will bring Iceland into the front rank and take steps that will make Iceland a good place to live for young and old alike.
Topics of interest
- 18 Jan 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsThe Icelandic state's ownership strategy for financial services
- 10 Jan 2018 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsPre-Accession Economic Programme 2012
- 30 Nov 2017 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsMedium Term Debt Management Strategy 2018-2022
- Ministry of Industries and InnovationAct no. 65/2003 Act on Electricity
- Ministry of Industries and InnovationReglulation No. 539/2000, on respecting veterinarians authorisations to prescribe drugs
- Ministry of Industries and InnovationRegulation No. 916/2012, on the marking of livestock