Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs
Today S&P Global affirmed Iceland’s A/A-1 long- and short-term foreign and local currency sovereign credit ratings with a stable outlook.
- Dec 07, 2018Fitch affirms Iceland at A with a stable outlook
- Dec 07, 2018S&P Global affirms Iceland at A/A1 with a stable outlook
- Dec 07, 2018Amending bill of legislation on liberalisation of capital controls on offshore króna holders and implementation of special reserve requirement on capital inflows
- Nov 27, 2018Iceland PM convenes a first of many high-level roundtable in historic Höfði House, Reykjavík, calling for peaceful solutions to armed conflict and the protection of universal human rights
What we do
The principal functions of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs focus on ensuring stability and growth in Iceland. The Ministry is ultimately responsible for the state's financial and economic affairs, for which it formulates policy and prepares plans and budgets. In addition, the Ministry works on various projects aimed at improving central government operations, as well as managing the state's assets and human resources.
About the ministry
Topics of Finance and Economic Affairs
Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs
Topics of Interest
- Dec 14, 2017 Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs2018 - Fiscal Budget Information
- Dec 06, 2016 Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs2017 - Fiscal Budget Information
- May 06, 2016 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsFiscal Policy and Fiscal Strategy Plan for 2017-2021