Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs
A mission from the International Monetary Fund has issued the following concluding statement after a two week Article IV Consultation visit to Iceland. The...
- Oct 11, 2018Government accounts 2017
- Oct 11, 2018Merger of Central Bank of Iceland and Financial Supervisory Authority in preparation - Inflation targeting to remain the principal objective of monetary policy
- Oct 03, 2018Minister Thordarson visits United Nations, France and UK
- Sep 25, 2018IMF Article IV visit to Iceland 13 – 25 September 2018
What we do
The principal functions of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs focus on ensuring stability and growth in Iceland. The Ministry is ultimately responsible for the state's financial and economic affairs, for which it formulates policy and prepares plans and budgets. In addition, the Ministry works on various projects aimed at improving central government operations, as well as managing the state's assets and human resources.
About the ministry
Topics of Finance and Economic Affairs
Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs
Topics of Interest
- Dec 14, 2017 Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs2018 - Fiscal Budget Information
- Dec 06, 2016 Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs2017 - Fiscal Budget Information
- May 06, 2016 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsFiscal Policy and Fiscal Strategy Plan for 2017-2021