Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs
Moody’s Investors Service has today changed the Government of Iceland's sovereign rating outlook to positive from stable and affirmed Iceland’s A3 long-term...
- Jul 20, 2018Moody’s changes Iceland’s outlook to positive from stable and affirms A3 ratings
- Jul 19, 2018DNA analysis of whale hybrid concluded
- Jul 13, 2018Iceland elected to the Human Rights Council
- Jun 18, 2018Speech by the Prime Minister, Katrín Jakobsdóttir, Iceland's National Day, June 17th 2018
What we do
The principal functions of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs focus on ensuring stability and growth in Iceland. The Ministry is ultimately responsible for the state's financial and economic affairs, for which it formulates policy and prepares plans and budgets. In addition, the Ministry works on various projects aimed at improving central government operations, as well as managing the state's assets and human resources.
About the ministry
Topics of Finance and Economic Affairs
Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs
Topics of Interest
- Dec 14, 2017 Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs2018 - Fiscal Budget Information
- Dec 06, 2016 Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs2017 - Fiscal Budget Information
- May 06, 2016 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsFiscal Policy and Fiscal Strategy Plan for 2017-2021