Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs
A good regulatory framework and robust supervision, efficient banking operations and sound ownership of financial undertakings are the three main pillars which...
- Feb 15, 2019US Secretary of State visited Iceland
- Feb 08, 2019Agreement reached on citizens‘ rights in case of a no-deal Brexit
- Feb 05, 2019Statement on the situation in Venezuela
- Jan 08, 2019Foreign Minister of Iceland met with US Secretary of State
What we do
The principal functions of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs focus on ensuring stability and growth in Iceland. The Ministry is ultimately responsible for the state's financial and economic affairs, for which it formulates policy and prepares plans and budgets. In addition, the Ministry works on various projects aimed at improving central government operations, as well as managing the state's assets and human resources.
About the ministry
Topics of Finance and Economic Affairs
Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs
Topics of Interest
- Dec 14, 2017 Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs2018 - Fiscal Budget Information
- Dec 06, 2016 Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs2017 - Fiscal Budget Information
- May 06, 2016 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsFiscal Policy and Fiscal Strategy Plan for 2017-2021