Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs
The first Fiscal Strategy Plan of the coalition Government formed by the Left-Green Movement, the Independence Party, and the Progressive Party, reflects the...
The Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs has, upon consultation with the Government and the Ministerial Committee on Economic Affairs and Financial System...
- Apr 06, 2018Absentee voting for local elections on May 26, 2018 has begun
- Apr 04, 2018Fiscal plan 2019-2023 Improved social infrastructure, lower taxes and and better public services
- Mar 26, 2018Iceland takes diplomatic measures against Russia
- Mar 13, 2018Educational attainment of women and men differs by region
What we do
The principal functions of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs focus on ensuring stability and growth in Iceland. The Ministry is ultimately responsible for the state's financial and economic affairs, for which it formulates policy and prepares plans and budgets. In addition, the Ministry works on various projects aimed at improving central government operations, as well as managing the state's assets and human resources.
About the ministry
Topics of Finance and Economic Affairs
Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs
Topics of Interest
- Dec 14, 2017 Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs2018 - Fiscal Budget Information
- Dec 06, 2016 Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs2017 - Fiscal Budget Information
- May 06, 2016 Ministry of Finance and Economic AffairsFiscal Policy and Fiscal Strategy Plan for 2017-2021