Ministry for Foreign Affairs
The annual report of Gudlaugur Thor Thordarson, Minister of Foreign Affairs, on foreign and international affairs has now been published. This extensive report...
Polling stations abroad are all of the diplomatic missions of Iceland along with the offices of 215 honorary consuls all over the world.
- May 17, 2018Annual report on foreign and international affairs
- Apr 27, 2018Progress of the Plan for Removal of Capital Controls
- Apr 06, 2018Absentee voting for local elections on May 26, 2018 has begun
- Apr 04, 2018Fiscal plan 2019-2023 Improved social infrastructure, lower taxes and and better public services
Ministry for Foreign AffairsIceland
What we do
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs safeguards the interests of Icelandic citizens, companies and consumers by facilitating access to international markets and strengthening free trade. The Ministry supports Icelandic firms abroad and promotes Icelandic arts and culture.
About the ministry
Topics of Foreign Affairs
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson
- Member of Althingi for the Reykjavík North Constituency 2003-2009, for the Reykjavík South Constituency 2009-2016 and for the Reykjavík North Constituency since 2016.
- Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2016-2017.
- Deputy Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2013-2016 and 2005-2007.