Ministry for Foreign Affairs
The annual report of Gudlaugur Thor Thordarson, Minister of Foreign Affairs, on foreign and international affairs has now been published. This extensive report...
Polling stations abroad are all of the diplomatic missions of Iceland along with the offices of 215 honorary consuls all over the world.
- Jun 18, 2018Speech by the Prime Minister, Katrín Jakobsdóttir, Iceland's National Day, June 17th 2018
- Jun 08, 2018Fitch affirms Iceland at A with a stable outlook
- Jun 05, 2018Financial stability should be prioritised over price stability
- May 17, 2018Annual report on foreign and international affairs
Ministry for Foreign AffairsIceland
What we do
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs safeguards the interests of Icelandic citizens, companies and consumers by facilitating access to international markets and strengthening free trade. The Ministry supports Icelandic firms abroad and promotes Icelandic arts and culture.
About the ministry
Topics of Foreign Affairs
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson
- Member of Althingi for the Reykjavík North Constituency 2003-2009, for the Reykjavík South Constituency 2009-2016 and for the Reykjavík North Constituency since 2016.
- Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2016-2017.
- Deputy Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2013-2016 and 2005-2007.