Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Jul 20, 2018Moody’s changes Iceland’s outlook to positive from stable and affirms A3 ratings
- Jul 19, 2018DNA analysis of whale hybrid concluded
- Jul 13, 2018Iceland elected to the Human Rights Council
- Jun 18, 2018Speech by the Prime Minister, Katrín Jakobsdóttir, Iceland's National Day, June 17th 2018
Ministry for Foreign AffairsIceland
What we do
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs safeguards the interests of Icelandic citizens, companies and consumers by facilitating access to international markets and strengthening free trade. The Ministry supports Icelandic firms abroad and promotes Icelandic arts and culture.
About the ministry
Topics of Foreign Affairs
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson
- Member of Althingi for the Reykjavík North Constituency 2003-2009, for the Reykjavík South Constituency 2009-2016 and for the Reykjavík North Constituency since 2016.
- Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2016-2017.
- Deputy Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2013-2016 and 2005-2007.