Ministry for Foreign Affairs
The Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Gudlaugur Thor Thordarson, is back from his visit to New York, where he attended the United Nations General Assembly. He...
The authorities intend to establish a sovereign wealth fund, the National Fund of Iceland. The purpose of the Fund will primarily be to serve as a sort of...
- Oct 11, 2018Government accounts 2017
- Oct 11, 2018Merger of Central Bank of Iceland and Financial Supervisory Authority in preparation - Inflation targeting to remain the principal objective of monetary policy
- Oct 03, 2018Minister Thordarson visits United Nations, France and UK
- Sep 25, 2018IMF Article IV visit to Iceland 13 – 25 September 2018
Ministry for Foreign AffairsIceland
What we do
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs safeguards the interests of Icelandic citizens, companies and consumers by facilitating access to international markets and strengthening free trade. The Ministry supports Icelandic firms abroad and promotes Icelandic arts and culture.
About the ministry
Topics of Foreign Affairs
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson
- Member of Althingi for the Reykjavík North Constituency 2003-2009, for the Reykjavík South Constituency 2009-2016 and for the Reykjavík North Constituency since 2016.
- Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2016-2017.
- Deputy Chairman of the parliamentary group of the Independence Party 2013-2016 and 2005-2007.