The Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour and the Immigrant Council invite applications for grants from the Development Fund for Immigrant Issues. The Fund's purpose is to enhance research and development projects in the field of immigration issues with the goal of facilitating mutual integration of immigrants and Icelandic society.
In selecting projects to be supported by the Development Fund for Immigrant Issues in 2023, the focus will be on projects which promote democratic participation, combat prejudice and address multiple discrimination.
Grants will be awarded for projects which aim to:
- Increase democratic participation of immigrants.
- Act against prejudice, hate speech and violence.
- Act against multiple discrimination.
Immigrant associations and interest groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Grants are awarded to associations, organisations and public entities. Individuals can now also apply for grants for projects, and not only for research as has been the case until now. Grants can cover up to 75% of the estimated total cost of a project.
Applications can be submitted in Icelandic or English from November 22 up to and including 15 December, 2023.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Applications are to be submitted in electronic form through the Government of Iceland’s application website.
- Detailed instructions on how to use the site and locate the online form are available here.
For more information, please contact the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour by phone at 545-8100 or by e-mail [email protected].