The Embassy represents Iceland in Denmark (incl. Greenland).
The Embassy in Copenhagen is in addition accredited to Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey. There are 16 Honorary Consulates in these countries. Information about each consulate can be found below.
Copenhagen is host to 17 foreign embassies that are accredited to Iceland as well.
|Guðrún Rósa Gunnsteinsdóttir||Administrative Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kristín Kristjánsdóttir||Administrative and Consular Affairs Officeremail@example.com|
|Stefanía K. Bjarnadóttir||Trade and Cultural Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
Date of birth: 18 February 1969
Place of Birth: Reykjavík
Married to Mr. Hafthor Thorleifsson (d.o.b. 7.11.1967). One daughter, Urdur Hafthorsdottir (d.o.b. 23.12.1999).
|1988-1994||University of Iceland, Faculty of Law, Reykjavík, Iceland
|July 2008||Rhodes Academy on Oceans Law and Policy
Course on Oceans and the Law of the Sea
|2011-2013||Alliance Francaise, Diplôme d´Études en Langue Française
DELF A2 (completed in May 2012)
DELF B1 (completed in December 2013)
|2015||Starfsmennt (The Educational Training Center for Public Employees)
Course on Icelandic Standars (IST) for equal pay
1994 - 1998 Office of the District Commissioner in the Vestman Islands, Iceland
- Deputy from 19 July 1994 – 30 April 1998
- Acting District Commissioner from 1 May – 30 June 1998
1 July 1998 – to date Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Reykjavík
- First Secretary, Defence Department (legal adviser), 1998-2001
- First Secretary, Office of the Legal Adviser, 2001-2002
- Counsellor, Permanent Mission of Iceland to the United Nations, New York, 2002-2005 (portfolio included 2nd, 3rd and 6th committees, oceans and the law of the sea)
- Counsellor, Embassy of Iceland, Stockholm, Sweden, 2005-2007
- Counsellor, Department for International Affairs, MFA, Reykjavík, Iceland, from 1 August 2007 – 14 September 2009 (portfolio included coordination of UN issues, climate change, oceans and fisheries, and legal questions, mostly in regard to domestic law)
- Director, Human Resources, MFA, Reykjavík, Iceland, since 15 September 2009-31 July 2016
- Appointed Ambassador as of 1 January 2016
- Director General, Directorate for Legal and Executive Affairs, 1 August 2016-31 July 2019
- President of the 27th Meeting of States Parties to the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, 2017-18
- Ambassador, Embassy of Iceland, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1 August 2019
Icelandic – maternal language
English – fluent
Swedish – fluent
Danish – good
German and French – reading knowledge
1993 – 1994
Women’s Advice Agency
2013 – 2015
Advisory board chairman for several appointments of Directors General in the Prime Minister’s Office, the Ministry for the Environment and Natural Resources and Ministry for Industries and Innovation.
Advisory board member for appointment of a Director General in the Ministry of Welfare.
The tip will be used to improve the quality of services and information on the website of the Cabinet. Feel free to contact if you need assistance.