The requirements laid down in Article 5 of the Act on services in the internal market of the European Economic Area shall not apply to the documents referred to in:
- the provisions of Article 7(2) and Article 50 of Directive 2005/36/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 September 2005 on the recognition of professional qualifications, as said provisions have been transposed into Icelandic law;
- the provisions of Articles 45(3), 46, 49 and 50 of Directive 2004/18/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 31 March 2004 on the coordination of procedures for the award of public works contracts, public supply contracts and public service contracts, as said provisions have been transposed into Icelandic law;
- the provision of Article 3(2) of Directive 98/5/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 February 1998 to facilitate practice of the profession of lawyer on a permanent basis in a Member State other than that in which the qualification was obtained, as said provision has been transposed into Icelandic law;
- First Council Directive 68/151/EEC of 9 March 1968 on coordination of safeguards which, for the protection of the interests of members and others, are required by Member States of companies within the meaning of the second paragraph of Article 58 of the Treaty, with a view to making such safeguards equivalent throughout the Community, as transposed into Icelandic law;
- Eleventh Council Directive 89/666/EEC of 21 December 1989 concerning disclosure requirements in respect of branches opened in a Member State by certain types of company governed by the law of another State, as transposed into Icelandic law.
This Regulation is issued on the basis of Article 5(4) of Act No 76/2011 on services in the internal market of the European Economic Area and is effective immediately.