Consulate General of Iceland in Nuuk was officially inaugurated on November 8th , 2013 , when the Icelandic Minister for Foreign Affairs Gunnar Bragi Sveinsson and the former Premier of Greenland Aleqa Hammond revealed the Icelandic coat of arms on the building at Hans Egedesvej 9, Nuuk.
Iceland is the only foreign state with an outsent consular representative in Greenland. There are also honorary consuls for several countries.
The purpose of the consulate is to strengthen relations, friendship and cooperation between the neighboring countries Iceland and Greenland. The Consulate's task is to provide consular services for Icelanders in Greenland, increase trade between the countries and promote Iceland and Icelandic culture.
The Consulate General is also intended to cooperate with Greenlandic authorities in issues relating to the Arctic and West-Nordic cooperation.
Hans Egedesvej 9
Phone: +299 348 380
Open all week days from 09:00 - 16:00Consulate General of Iceland in NuukFacebook hlekkur
|Skafti Jónsson||Consul Generalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
MA in International Relations.
- 1979-1986: Journalist in Reykjavík.
- 1987-1995: Icelandic Red Cross – Public relations officer and Deputy Secretary General.
- 1995-1997: Ministry of Industry and Commerce.
- 1997-1999: Educational leave.
- 1999- : Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
- 2001-2005: Embassy of Iceland in Oslo, attaché and counsellor.
- 2006-2008: Head of mission, Embassy of Iceland in Malawi.
- 2011-2014: Deputy head of mission, Embassy of Iceland in Washington D.C.
- 2014-2015: On loan to UNDP in Palestine.
- 2017-: Consul General of Iceland in Nuuk.
- In between working at the ministry’s Directorate for International affairs, Directorate for International Development Cooperation and the Directorate for External Trade and Economic affairs.
Married to Kristín Þorsteinsdóttir, publisher. Children: Jón Skaftason, CEO, and Ólöf Skaftadóttir, editor.
The tip will be used to improve the quality of services and information on the website of the Cabinet. Feel free to contact if you need assistance.