The Embassy of Iceland in Tokyo was established in 2001. The embassy also serves as the Embassy of Iceland to Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines and Timor Leste.
The embassy provides Icelandic citizens with various consular services, such as voting, translation of certificates and assistance in emergency situations, requiring official involvement.
Mrs. Elín Flygenring
- 2013- Director, Nordic Department, Deputy Political Director (2016-), Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Reykjavík.
- 2009-2013 Ambassador to Finland, also accredited to Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine and the Holy See with residence in Helsinki.
- 2008-2009 Permanent Representative to the Council of Europe, also accredited as Ambassador to the Holy See with residence in Strasbourg.
- 2006-2008 Ambassador, Chief of Protocol, Ministry for Foreign Affairs. 2003-2006 Director, Department of Information, Cultural Affairs and Consular Liaison, Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
- 2001-2003 Minister-Counsellor, Deputy HoM, Embassy of Iceland in Berlin.
- 1998-2001 Counsellor, Political Department, Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
- 1996-1998 Director, International Department, Parliament of Iceland.
- 1994-1996 Director, Nordic Council Parliamentary Delegation, Parliament of Iceland.
- 1988-1994 Head of Cultural Department, Nordic Council, Stockholm.
- 1982-1986 Secretary General, The Council for Gender Equality, Reykjavík.
- 1982 Lawyer, District Commission of Reykjavík.
The tip will be used to improve the quality of services and information on the website of the Cabinet. Feel free to contact if you need assistance.